Maxwell's all new RC series windlasses proudly follow in the highly successful footsteps of the Freedom, Liberty and HRC fully automatic rope/chain anchor winches.
Every Maxwell automatic rope/chain windlass is available with all the necessary components for fully automatic dual direction control in a competitively priced package.
- A sleek, Low Profile version and a MAX-grip™ capstan drum version.
- The all new stainless steel RC8-6 fully automatic rope/chain windlass is designed to effortlessly retrieve and deploy 6mm/7mm (1/4”) chain spliced to 12mm (1/2”) three strand or 8-brait (plait) rope.
- The ingeniously designed rope/chain gypsy (chainwheel) is able to accommodate a wide range of chain pitch differences within the specified chain size diameters suitable for use with the RC8 Series.
- Simple two piece installation saves time and money and allows easy retrofitting without disassembly of the windlass.
- Unique spacer tube design allows installa tion through virtually any deck thickness and the multiple mounting positions and self aligning gearbox ensure optimal location of gearbox and motor in virtually all installation situations.
- The RC8 features Maxwell’s revolutionary, and patented, new Wave Design™ chainwheel.
- The heavy duty stainless steel pressure arm is designed to effectively help grasp the rope/chain splice, giving the RC8 an unparalleled level of performance. In combination with a heavy duty, large wire diameter, stainless steel pre-loaded spring, the pressure arm always exerts maximum control pressure.
- The RC8 works just as ef fectively with all-chain rodes.
- Huge, through deck hawse pipe throat ensures easy entry of the rope/chain rode into and out of the anchor locker.
- Full disassembly capability of the topworks utilising only the handle provided and an Allen key.
- Manual override and Free Fall, using the emergency crank/clutch handle provided.
- Sealed oil bath and marine-grade hard anodised, alloy gearbox provides maximum output via a precision worm and worm wheel.
|Maximum pull||350kg - 770lb|
|Static hold||1200kg - 2640lb|
|Max recommened rope size||12mm 8 Braid or a high quality 3 strand|
|Chain size||6 or 7mm (higher the quality all the better for longevity)|
|Power||12V or 24V 600W|
|Weight||12.5kg - 27.5lb|
|Chain Speed at nominal working load||28m/min - 92ft/min|
|Rope Speed at nominal working load||24m/min - 79ft/mi|
|Supplied with the winch||Dual direction solenoid pack, emergency crank handle which is also the clutch release handle|
|Optional Extras||Footswitch, Curcuit breaker/Isolator panel, Up/down remote panel, 8|
|G (std deck clearance)||65mm|