Shipping & Delivery
SPEND $500* OR MORE AND GET FREE SHIPPING.
* Includes GST. Offer only applies to mainland New Zealand.
Your items are usually shipped within 24 hours of placing your order and/or payment has been confirmed. If there is any delay for any reason we will contact you.
NZ Goods and Services Tax (GST).
Do I have to pay it?
- If we ship to a NZ address we are required by law to charge GST, currently 15%.
- The only exception to that is if we ship to a Freight Forwarders Bond store for exporting. If we do that we do not have to charge GST.
- If we ship to a overseas address we do not have to charge GST.
- If you are a visiting craft with a NZ Customs Temporary Import Exemption (TIE) we can sell to you GST free.
- When you do an order via our website it will read the delivery address and charge or not charge GST according to that.
If you comply with any of the above GST exemptions but have a NZ delivery address please contact us as the website only works on the delivery address, if it is a NZ one it will charge GST. We can do it all over the phone or email.
Shipping RatesMainland NZ is a flat $7 for orders up to $500, over that it is freight free.
We are working on automating all other countries so in the meantime drop us a email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will happily quote you shipping costs and the, at times many options.
- The shipping module is a work in progress so as we tune it more options and destinations will come on line.
How do we ship our goodies
- For shipping within New Zealand we use NZ Couriers for the smaller parcels and Streamline Couriers for the larger parcels. Streamline Freight carry the big stuff for us.
- Once we ship you your order we'll email you the details so that you'll be able to see the status of your shipment by using the NZ Couriers Track and Trace facility on-line. Streamline are working on a web-based tracking system which should be up shortly. We have been using Streamline for many years and have found them very reliable, as we have NZ Couriers.
- We use 'Signature Required' so you can be 100% confident of your delivery. Be aware as the Couriers need signatures sending to a work address or one where someone is there, can make it arrive faster.
Delivery times with NZ deliveries
- If you are in the Sth Island and in some rural areas delivery can take a couple of days. In the Nth Island main centres it should be next day but maybe another one or 2 if you are rural.
- We can not put 100kg of chain on a courier bag for overnight delivery. It just doesn't work that way and there are very strict weight limits on overnight couriers.
- We can organise super duper urgent freight if you like but be warned that can cost large, very large.
- Once we get it out the door both you and us are in the hands of the freight company. We don't drive the trucks.
For shipping the smaller parcels to Australia we use New Zealand Posts 'International Air' Service. This has a target delivery of 3 to 10 working days (usually closer to the 3 than the 10). For shipments over 25kg it trips into the freight systems so we need to look at those shipment by shipment as if we worked on a flat rate some would be paying a lot more than they need to. Please contact us for larger shipments and we can quote you the options.
To the Pacific islands
We can also ship to Fiji, Tonga, Samoa, Vanuatu, Cook Islands, New Caledonia, Soloman Islands, Tuvalu, Kiribati, French Polynesia. Again we use NZ Posts International Air service for the smaller parcels. For shipments over 20kg it trips into the freight systems so we need to look at those shipment by shipment as if we worked on a flat rate some would be paying a lot more than they need to. Please contact us for larger shipments and we can quote you the options.
To the rest of the World
We ship worldwide but as that's a rather large place we need to look at each shipment on a case by case basis. Please contact us and we'll happily quote you the shipping options.
Other options we can use
- We are happy for you to organise your team to pick up and ship. We will pack it so it's ready to go or follow your requirements. Usualy there is no cost for any of that.
- We can ship to your Freight Forwarder. We can co-ordinate with them for you, no problem at all and probably easier than you doing it. Generally there is no cost to you in us doing that.
What is or is not covered in the freight rates
- Within NZ the shipping costs cover standard delivery costs to the address you provide us. The above rates don't cover any special requirements but if you have any please chat with us and we'll see what we can do.
- We cover all standard costs related to exporting the shipment out of NZ.
- Duties, Taxes and International border costs at the country of destination. We only ship on the above rates on the basis you are responsible for any of those, should they pop up. Of late all of the smaller stuff hasn't attracted much attention from any of the above destinations..... but that can change so don't rely on sliding through untouched.
- We can help you minimise costs using our 11 Secret Shipping Tips and Tricks, to plagiarise a well known Colonel.
- We can also offer a door to door international service, please contact us for more about that option.
- Urgent or anything non-standard are not covered. We can do that sort of thing so please contact us if you have special requirements
- We don't cover the cost of Chiropractors or Physio therapists if you hurt yourself while thinking you're a forklift and try to unload way to much by yourself.
- Nor do we cover the cost of any flowers, Jewellery or other bribes to placate your wife as you weren't home when the goodies she knew nothing about arrived, or the cost of cold beers and Sky Sport subscriptions if the lady of the house was the errant shopper.
As this site is a combination of lots of interweb/software smoke and mirors like stuff fondled by mere humans it's bound to play silly buggers and/or do random stuff at times. If you see anything you suspect is one of those gremlins please drop us a line and tell us. We want to make this easy for you (and being lazy buggers, us also) and we don't want anyone being shafted by technology going bad on them.
How to Return/ Exchange Products
- To be refunded: Please contact us within 30 days of receiving your product. We will issue you a Return Authorization Number via email. Include this number on the inside and outside of your package along with the reason for the return. The product must be in new resalable condition in the manufacturer's original packaging. Returns will be inspected before final decisions are made on refunds.
- Some products are non-returnable or have a restocking fee. We will inform you of any restocking fees when we issue you a Return Authorization Number.
- Do not write return numbers, addresses or any other marks directly on manufacturer's original packaging.
- Send your return with the Return Authorization Number and reason for the return to the address given in your email received containing your return authorization.
- To exchange a product: Follow steps 1-4 and contact us (via phone or email) with the product number(s) and descriptions that you would like in exchange.